Monday, January 26, 2015

Long overdue update.

It's been a long time since i've updated, so on this snowy day I thought I would take some time to update my blog.

We've been in the house now for 2 months, oh how time flies. The first few weeks were spent hanging curtains, still not done. Getting furniture deliveries, doing a little bit of painting, hanging pictures, and getting stuff out of boxes. We also got our fence installed, so our dog has a place to run around, and do her thing. Along with the fence we got a storage shed. The shed serves two purposes. First it's a place to store lawn equipment. Second, I use it as a place for a couple of my hobbies, namely homebrewing and BBQ smoking. I haven't had the chance to brew any beer yet, but I did smoke a 9lb pork butt(pulled pork), and some chicken thighs. Having the shed also allowed me to clear out our garage to the point we can get both vehicles parked inside. Our old house only had a one car garage, and we couldn't get any cars in there. Being able to get in my truck early in the morning when it's freezing outside is awesome! Not having to clean 10-15 inches of snow off of them is equally awesome! I also installed a couple of bike racks in the garage. They hang from the ceiling, with ropes and pulleys. This really gets the bikes up out of the way. I also put in some track lighting in the garage. I don't know about everyone else's homes, but the lighting in our garage stunk. It was one light on the ceiling and  one on the garage door opener. I have wanted to be able to do some woodworking out  there and needed something to light the space.

Had our post settlement meeting also. We had a few things that needed to be addressed, namely a very loud squeak in the living room floor, and the basement stairs seemed to have a bounce in them about halfway down. These were promptly taken care of, and haven't been an issue since. No nail pops yet, but one of the corner seams is separated in the basement. Not really that bad, but something that will need to be taken care of at the 10 month.

We still have tons of things to do, but I think you get to a point where you just want to relax for a bit. Little bit at a time time now. I only have a couple of pics, but will be back soon with more. Hope everyone is doing well.







3 comments:

  1. That looks great, we are also organizing our garage! Glad to hear its going well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank I'm with you on not having time to update the blog. My draft has been on blogger for about 3 months now. Lol. Looking good I like your pulley system for the bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete