Wednesday, May 21, 2014

One more change.

Been a while since I've posted, but there really hasn't been much happening, other than waiting. The model in our community is now opened, so we had to go check it out. They put a Venice in for the model. It's a beautiful house, but I still like the Florence better.

Going through the model was last Friday. Prior to this we hadn't seen anything going on in the area where our lot is. We're still waiting for the road to go in, so all the homes in our section can be started. Phase one has every homesite under construction, the rest of us are waiting.

Fast forward to Monday. The wife and I decide to take another ride by, before I went to work. To our surprise there was some activity going on down near our lot. The workers had a large trench dug, and they were installing water pipes. There were also pipe sections laid out all around phase two, as well as fire hydrants stacked up for installation. We took another ride by yesterday to check on the progress, and just watched them for a little while. This was the most action we've seen since the belgian block went in back in April.

Yesterday afternoon my wife took her mother to see the model. While they were in the basement my wife was showing her mom some of our selections, and noticed they had a new countertop available. We have always planned on doing the included laminate countertop, with the plan of replacing it with granite or quartz later. My wife always hated the choice we had, and has been hell bent on saving money to be able to replace the countertops. After seeing that there was a new choice, one that she really liked too, she asked the sales rep if there was anyway we could change our countertop selection. We had already put in our final change order at least a month ago. The sales rep said we can put it in, and it should go through, but there's always a chance it won't get approved. So back to the model and sales office this morning to sign another change order.

Here's the countertop with the cabinets we're getting. The countertop is called Ivory Kashmire.


6 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I like the dark and light combo! You may be presently surprised with the laminate countertops. It was on my 5 year list of things to replace and has been officially removed! I love ours, and not just the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissie, wifey might just take them off the list as well. We'll see. The original choice we had was pretty bad, if I get over to the model i'll take a picture of the sample so you can see. Counter tops were probably on our 6 month list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank, Congratulations on your adventure it seems like just yesterday My wife and I were finalizing our selections, now we are less than three weeks away! You Blog template looks familiar, same as mine http://buildingflorence.blogspot.com. Wish you and your wife the best on this road. Hope my blog will help you both out as you get closer and closer each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just went through your blog, and the beginning sounded so much like our experience. Nice to see another fairly local blogger too. Couldn't help but notice the area code on your homesite sign. I think we've been to the model more than a dozen times, and Jackie has always been awesome.
      I'll keep following your progress, and congratulations on your almost finished home.

      Delete
  4. Hey Frank! It's Frank from lot A007A. Finally found your blog. Maybe I'll figure out how to set one up and start one this week now that I'm seeing some work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it Frank! It was great meeting you yesterday. If you start your own blog please send me the link.

      Delete